Organizational Overview The mission of Health Equity Solutions (HES) is to promote policies, programs, and practices that result in equitable access to health care, increased quality in the delivery of health care, and improved health outcomes for Connecticut residents. Our mission is motivated by the vision that every Connecticut resident should have the opportunity to obtain optimal health regardless of race, ethnicity, or socio-economic status. Health Equity Solutions’ purpose is to catalyze systemic public policy changes that advance and sustain health equity in Connecticut through a non-partisan, collaborative, results-oriented approach. To accomplish this, HES works to shape and influence laws, policies, and regulations; monitors the implementation of legislation and regulations; conducts policy analysis and research to educate and inform; engages diverse partners; convenes public forums and implements campaigns; engages in communications, messaging, and media advocacy; actively participates on related coalitions and committees; and engages in contract-based policy analysis and community engagement work to advance health equity through policies and processes. This translates to work focused on policy change driven by the needs of people who are uninsured, economically disadvantaged, and/or people of color in the state. HES does its work with a three-pronged focus to educate, agitate, and advocate. HES is currently seeking a Program Manager of Training and Outreach.
The HES Advantage
The HES Advantage Consulting Social Enterprise is equity-driven training and consulting that assists agencies, health systems, schools, and communities in shaping policy, programs, and practice. Through expert meeting planning and facilitation, training and workshops, and equity assessment and advising. The HES Advantage is the revenue-generating arm of the organization that enables HES to continue the great work advocating for equitable optimal health outcomes for all Connecticut residents.
The program manager is essential to the efficient and effective delivery of educational and training program efforts of The HES Advantage social enterprise Training & Outreach team. Under the supervision of the Director of Training and Outreach, this individual will have responsibility for coordinating the general programming and training efforts of HES and The HES Advantage. The successful candidate will have a proven record of program delivery and coordination, will be a skilled facilitator, and have a passion for and commitment to anti-racist teaching and racial equity.
Duties & Responsibilities Core Responsibility:
Curriculum development, planning, facilitation, and coordination
• Assist in the planning and execution of our educational and training programs
• Assist in researching, designing, and implementing programs that support health equity and advocacy in an effort to inform HES programming
• Lead or co-lead HES educational and training programming
• Facilitate the development of learning/training programs
• Research, investigate, and analyze available resources and websites to help enhance programs
• Network with other organizations to share information and gain knowledge that would help improve HES efforts
Core Responsibility: Program planning, operational management, and data analysis
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Training and Outreach and Program Manager to identify and develop subject matter for The HES Advantage social enterprise consulting efforts and programs
• Demonstrate awareness of and support for program goals and objectives
• Collect, analyze, and disseminate key evaluative and demographic data on educational programs to internal stakeholders
Core Responsibility: Communications
• Responsible for communication coordination, including but not limited to regular communication to stakeholders; coordination of and promotion of HES efforts and programs to increase participation and engagement; and develop marketing materials targeting potential participants, speakers, and sponsors
• Develop programming and event-specific materials
• Represent HES at external events to promote organization efforts and programs as requested
• Other duties as assigned
No licenses required for this position.
A degree in public policy, public health, or other social sciences preferred
Significant knowledge of educational program design, implementation, and delivery required; understanding of public policy and advocacy required; 2-3 years of relevant professional experience preferred; knowledge of and passion for health equity preferred
Program design and implementation; communications and marketing related to advocacy efforts; policy analysis/policy communications; data analysis, effective skills as a group facilitator; problem-solving; interpersonal, computer, verbal, and written communication skills; time management; excellent organizational skills necessary; successful grant writing experience a plus
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Internet Applications; Social Media platforms, facilitation and teaching tools such as Mentimeter, poll everywhere, Zoom, Microsoft Teams
Individual self-starter; work well as part of a team, works well in a fast-paced Environment
A salary of $65,000 per year. Benefits include individual health, dental, long-term disability, short-term disability, Simple IRA with match, and generous paid leave.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the following subject line: Materials for HES Program Manager for Training and Outreach Position